Monday, December 1, 2008

I'm just not a Stamper (yet)

Last week I had a close to my heart party in my home & had a very nice outcome. My guest seemed to have fun, we made a cool project, I earned a lot of free stuff (bought a lot too), I had way too much food left over, but there was just something missing...

I discovered that I do not have a natural knack for Stamping. It might be because I just have not spent a lot of time doing it, or that I've never been taught the ins and outs of the Stamping world. Other peoples stamping just seems to turn out better than mine. My stamping is always sloppy and lacks a quality that expert stampers posses. (Sigh) Maybe the clean lines have always been too much for this dirty paper crafter.

So now I have a new goal--it's that time of year to be thinking of new years resolutions. I'm going to become an expert stamper by this time next year...hold up maybe expert isn't the title I'm going for, but I want my stamping to be much improved by this time next year. I will start by taking a trip to the library and checking out every possible book about stamping. I will ask for help from all my stamp-able friends. I will listen and soak up ever inky detail I can while working while the stamp club meets once a month on Sundays. I will become a Stamp enthusiast. I will.

1 comment:

Reba said...

What a Great Goal!! I am by no means an expert but if there is anything I can do to help out by all means lemme know :o) You Go Girl!! Oh & BTW Congrats on 1st place @ DML